Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We're Baaaack!


Well, what a crazy few months! Andrew graduated from SB College of Law (yay!) in April and spent many, many months studying for the infamous BAR exam on July 26-28. We were scheduled for a c-section on August 2, just days after Andrew's return...but somebody tiny had a plan of his own...

I woke up at 5 am on July 20 feeling like I peed my pants a little (I have no shame, I'll say it) I went to the bathroom and noticed that I was indeed a bit wet. Not thinking much of it, I changed and started back to bed, but then I leaked a little again. This seemed odd, so I woke up Andrew hoping to get some clarity (my early morning pregnant brain was failing me). We decided to call the doctor just to get her perspective. With Wyatt, my water broke in one major water balloon-like rush after having contractions all day so I was a bit confused as to what was happening this time, not to mention a week prior the doctor said she didn't see any signs of this little boy coming early and I was only 37 weeks along. The on-call doctor said better safe than sorry and to go into the hospital. At that point we knew we were prepping for a baby to come, but had just one problem: what to do with Wyatt? Once again, the ever so amazing Karen and Daniel came to the rescue. A 5 am phone call to Daniel and not long after Karen showed up at our door to watch Wyatt while we headed to the hospital. We quickly packed a bag and off we went! Not long after our 6 am arrival (to a hospital running on generators!) the nurse confirmed that my water broke and a c-section would be scheduled. At 10:00 I was wheeled into the operating room and at 10:36 Calvin David was born! He was a healthy 6 lbs 15 oz and 20 in! We are so in love!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, love you guys! Next time I am in town, I will come visit!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.